Anxiety is the feelings of worry or tension. it is the body’s respond to stress. Anxiety and high blood pressure can be symptoms of each other. Anxiety may lead to a certain physical symptoms & increased heart rate and sweating.
Anxiety occurs when the body releases stress hormones, that trigger an increase in the heart rate and lead to narrow the blood vessels. This cause a persons’ blood pressure to rise. Having high levels of anxiety regularly may cause damage to the heart, kidneys.
in addition, the symptoms of hypertension may cause panic or anxiety. the symptoms of hypertension may include:
- buzzing in the ears
- vision changes
- irregular heart rhythm
A person need to change their lifestyle to help reduce feelings of anxiety, the following tips can help:
- avoiding alcohol and drugs
- exercising at least 20 minutes per day
- eating a nutritious balanced diet
- getting a good night’s sleep
- learning a new skill
- enhance your connection with friends & the family
- trying to reduce negative thoughts
- setting goals and rewards
- having a support system