Pregnant mother can resume their everyday activities as usual . but only make minor lifestyle changes. Medical professionals highlight that a mother needs to avoid certain foods and activities that may harm the developing of her baby :
- Unwashed fruit or vegetables may infect the mother with listeria or parasite called toxoplasma that is dangerous for a pregnant mother and her baby.
- Unpasteurized juice and dairy may contain listeria and other bacteria that may cause food poisoning.
- Some soft cheeses
- Fish high in mercury
- Raw meat and fish & eggs
- Drinking too much caffeine
- Hot tubs, saunas, and overheating
- Sports or activities with a fall risk
- Heavy lifting objects
- Smoking & Drinking Alcohol
Share your experience with us
Send us your stories & picture to publish for other parent's benefit